Finally, I’m done reading Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’. The book is basically talking about achieving one’s dream/s and here are the statements that I really like:
- At the time, I was struggling to establish myself as a writer and to follow my path despite all the voices telling me it was impossible. And little by little, my dream was becoming reality.
- We know what we want to do, but are afraid of hurting those around us by abandoning everything in order to pursue our dream.
- The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting…
- …when each day is the same as next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives…
- I’m going to become bitter and distrustful of people because one person betrayed me.
- There must be a language that doesn’t depend on words…
- We have to take advantage when luck is on our side…
- But I’m afraid that it would all be a disappointment, so I prefer just to dream about it.
- You must always know what it is that you want.
- Never stop dreaming.
- Making a decision was only the beginning of things.
- There’s no such thing as coincidence.
- If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man.
- If he pushed forward impulsively, he would fail to see the signs and omens left by God along his path.
- Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves his children.
- People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them.
- …no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
- When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Will now start with another Coelho’s book, ‘Eleven Minutes’ 🙂